Human Rights Policy
Inspired is committed to the highest standards of business and ethical behaviour including compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as company policies, practices and procedures.
We respect internationally recognised Human Rights as established in the Universal Declaration on Human Rights and the International Labour Organisation’s Core Conventions.
In line with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, Inspired recognises the corporate responsibility to respect these principles and demonstrate this through on-going human rights due diligence.
Furthermore, our efforts include ongoing robust engagement with our business and major supply chain partners to mitigate potential human rights impacts beyond our direct control. Our support of internationally recognised Human Rights is consistent with our dedication to enriching our workplace, partnering with our supply chain, preserving the environment and supporting the communities where we operate.
This Human Rights policy exists to:
- Inform employees, business partners and customers of our commitment to human rights.
- Establish our commitment to on-going human rights due diligence.
- Maintain our ethical standards.
- Contribute to the realisation of human rights globally.
Inspired Human Rights Policy applies to all our employees, anyone doing business for or with Inspired and others acting on our behalf.
This applies to all locations where we conduct business and to all company-sponsored events.
4 What are Human Rights?
Human rights are basic rights inherent to all human beings, regardless of nationality, place of residence, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, language, or any other status.
Inspired conducts its business in a manner that respects the rights and dignity of all people, complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Our policies reflect our commitment to respecting the protection of internationally recognised Human Rights.
- All employment with Inspired is voluntary. We do not use child or forced labour in any of our operations or facilities. We do not tolerate any form of unacceptable treatment of workers, including but not limited to the exploitation of children, physical punishment or abuse, or involuntary servitude. We fully respect all applicable laws establishing a minimum age for employment, in order to support the effective abolition of child labour worldwide.
- We abide by all laws and regulations regarding pay practices and the classification of employment according to job level and status.
- We respect our employees’ right to choose to join or not join a trade union, or to have recognised employee representation in accordance with local law.
- Diversity is embraced at Inspired. We recognise that a diverse mix of backgrounds, skills and experiences drives new ideas, products, and services and provides us with a sustained competitive advantage.We believe everyone should be treated with respect regardless of their background. We are committed to the elimination of discrimination based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, political beliefs, veteran status, marital status or any other protected class.
We require all suppliers, vendors, contractors, consultants and agents to adhere to our Labour standards and Code of Conduct policies.
Employees and suppliers are expected to comply with this and all applicable Inspired policies. Violation of this policy or the refusal to cooperate will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination and referral to the appropriate authorities, where we have sound reason to believe that our partner organisations infringe Human Rights we reserve the right to cease those relationships as warranted. Specific to this policy, employees and suppliers are expected to:
- Never infringe on human rights.
- Be alert to any evidence of human rights infringements in our direct operations or in the operations of our business partners and report any situation in which a human rights infringement is suspected.
7 Human Rights Policy Review
We will review the effectiveness of this policy annually and whenever a change in the law occurs.
1st March 2023
Next review date
Annually or at point of incident
Approved and authorised by
Chief Executive Officer
View more group policies
Inspired PLC is committed to range of group policies including; anti-bribery and corruption, anti-discrimination and GDPR.